ISSUED: May 10, 2016
Abbotsford, BC – The 2016 edition of TRUXPO, Western Canada’s largest trucking event, returns to Tradex in Abbotsford this Friday and Saturday, May 13th and 14th. Held biennially, and presented in partnership with the British Columbia Trucking Association (BCTA), it is the only major motor transport industry show in the region that includes ALL facets of the industry.
At the show, hundreds of exhibitors will have cutting-edge equipment, products and services to do with trucking, transportation and logistics on display. The 2016 edition of TRUXPO will also include a wide range of exciting show features:
- Speaker Series on Health & Safety (Friday afternoon from 12:30-3:30 pm) – Organized by SafetyDriven–Trucking Safety Council of BC, the speaker series will educate and inform with a focus on health and safety and will present informative and relevant industry information.
- Women in the Industry Reception & Panel (Friday evening from 5-7 pm) – Celebrating the GOOD and the GREAT of being a woman in the industry, hosted by Trucking HR Canada.
- Saturday is Family Day – Bring the whole family to enjoy tons of fun! The kids will love to check out the big trucks and vote for their favourite in the Show & Shine. Plus family-friendly entertainment on the stage, interactive games, face painting, and a bouncy castle.
- Entertainment on Stage – Don’t miss TOTAL REWIND BAND on Friday night at 7:00 pm and Saturday afternoon starting at 2:30 pm. The SFU BHANGRA CLUB will give a performance and tutorial on Saturday afternoon at 12:45 pm and bhangra fusion band DAL HOTHI & THE HEADLINES will perform a mix of modern western and Indian melodies and beats with lyrics in English, Punjabi and Hindi on Saturday at 12 noon and 1:30 pm.
- Recruiting Here – Drivers, mechanics and other related professionals are in-demand from coast to coast. Job seekers can enhance their career at TRUXPO by bringing their resume and connecting with hiring companies right at the show.
- Show & Shine – This crowd favourite features show and working trucks competing in a professionally judged Truck Beauty Pageant sponsored by Pro Trucker Magazine. Vote for your favourite and don’t miss the award ceremony at 4:00 pm on Saturday!
For the second time, the Pacific Heavy Equipment Show – BC’s Big Iron Showcase – will be co-located with TRUXPO. Combined, the two shows will completely take over the entire Tradex complex, inside and out. Details on this show are available at WWW.PACIFICEQUIPMENTSHOW.COM.
For a limited time, visitors can pre-register for just $10 and fast-track their entrance to the show. Registration is $20 at the door. Convenient online registration is available on the show website: WWW.TRUXPO.COM.
Mark Cusack, National Show Manager
Master Promotions Ltd.