February 4, 2020
Halifax, NS – Starting this Thursday, visitors will get a glimpse of the year’s largest display of watercraft in the Maritimes at the Halifax International Boat Show. Held at the Halifax Exhibition Centre February 6th through 9th, the show welcomes a variety of the region’s top dealers, hundreds of models and exhibitors, and features to entertain the whole family.
The Halifax International Boat Show has been Atlantic Canada’s premiere boating show for over 40 years. Products typically showcased include the latest in runabouts, cruisers, motor yachts, pontoon boats, fishing boats, inflatables, RIBS and personal watercraft. The show also offers exhibits of marine equipment, engines, outboard and inboard, marine electronics and accessories, docks and dock builders.
Some of the special features not to miss this year:
- Discovery Centre touch tank: Get up close and personal with marine invertebrates that live in Nova Scotia. Learn all about these small creatures, what they eat, how they move, and even get the chance to touch some, like sea urchins and sea stars. The touch tank is appropriate for kids aged 6 through 12, and is open on Saturday and Sunday at the show.
- Guest speakers and presentations: including a New Boater panel discussion; Helly Hansen Chester Race Week 2020; Brier Island Whales and Seabirds, and more. New to the stage is Diver and Adventurer, Tony Sampson from Salty Dog Tours, plus Author, Bob Chaulk will present “A Tale of Two Ships”. It compares the story of the ship that is the best kept secret in Nova Scotia history—SS Atlantic—with the other White Star Line ship, Titanic.
- Meet, learn and talk with a real-life mermaid: Enter a world of imagination and magic with Raina, who will be holding meet & greets Saturday & Sunday at the show for kids of all ages, sponsored by Baytub Softub.
- Visit Develop Nova Scotia at the new Waterfront Experience Lounge! You’ll find out about great waterfront events for boaters and landlubbers alike, places to dine, sailing excursions and boat rental opportunities as well learn more about the new wharf with floating docks going in at Halifax Harbour’s Georges Island in the spring!
- Free hands-on workshops with Discover Boating (visit the show website for descriptions and the schedule).
- Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association is hosting a colouring contest Saturday from 10am – 5pm.
- Visit Sail Able Nova Scotia in booth #705 to learn about their programs offering pleasure sail, learn-to-sail, and competitive sailing opportunities to children and adults with a disability in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Enter at the show to win a boating safety prize pack valued at a thousand dollars, from the Binnacle and Q104!
Members of the media are invited to attend the event free of charge. To reserve media passes or for interview opportunities please contact Catherine MacNutt, Marketing and Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-221-1142.
Visit the show’s website at www.HalifaxBoatShow.com for online ticketing and full details.
Thursday, February 6 from 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
Friday, February 7 from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday, February 8 from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday, February 9 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Halifax Exhibition Centre
200 Prospect Road
$12.00 Regular, Adult Admission
$9.00 Junior (10 – 16)
$25.00 4 day pass
$30.00 Family Pass (2 adults + 2 juniors)
Scott Sprague, Show Manager
Master Promotions Ltd.
Aurora Boudreau, Marketing Coordinator
Master Promotions Ltd.
The Halifax International Boat Show is owned by the Boating Atlantic Association and produced by Master Promotions Ltd.