Master Promotions Ltd. is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Marketing and Administrative Assistant based in our Halifax, NS office.
Managing in excess of twenty-five events annually, Master Promotions Ltd. is Canada’s largest independent trade and consumer event-management company. A key component of our direct business focus, company procedures, and infrastructure is to deliver the highest standards in the industry. This includes pre-show and onsite exhibitor services, show contracting services; registration systems; and marketing and advertising programs.
- Act as first point of contact for the company, ensuring a high level of customer service. Direct phone calls and visitors in a professional and polite manner.
- Manage incoming and outgoing packages and shipments with Canada Post, Fedex, Purolator, etc. Send weekly inter-office courier package.
- Maintain a level of basic knowledge on all company events and be able to answer general event questions.
- Act as inventory manager for various corporate materials, including event badges, passes, brochures, contracts, envelopes, etc.
- Support team members with additional administrative duties, as required.
- Update, edit and maintain database of exhibitor contact information. Format and input new data, as required.
- Manage other data, as required, including exhibitor badge name lists, visitor survey results, and ticket promotion programs.
- Perform data analysis as required; produce charts, tables, etc
Preparation of Exhibitor Materials/Communications:
- Gather existing documentation from team members to produce detailed manuals for show exhibitors.
- With approval from show team, post the exhibitor manual to the show website using WordPress software and send via email to all show exhibitors.
- Work with show team to develop and send out exhibitor communications, including sales campaigns and reminder emails.
Office Supplies Management:
- Order office equipment/supplies, such as copy paper, toner, cartridges, cleaning supplies, and sundries, and present costing options when applicable.
- Ensure orders are accurate when received.
- Forward receipts to Accounting team.
- Provide invoices for other office services, such as Canadian Linen, etc.
- Keep the stock room and stationary organized.
On-site Event Support:
- Assist with event functions at show sites, including answering exhibitor inquires, printing and handing out badges, and other tasks as required.
- Pack equipment and office supplies to be used on-site at events (checklist available)
- Make simple updates to existing event websites – i.e. show hours, admission pricing, feature descriptions. Note: this does not require web design experience.
- Communication with Show Managers: Receives list and letter from show managers.
- Communication with Canada Post: specify quantity of mail-out, Canadian or US quantity, etc.
Show Feature Support:
- Assist with development, planning and execution of show features and special events.
- Assist with organizing and scheduling seminar programs, as required.
- Act as features point-person on-site, as required.
IDEAL CANDIDATES QUALIFCATIONS:
- 3-5 years of experience in an office administration or marketing assistant role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Strong time management skills; able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Weekend and evening work as well as out of town travel will be occasionally required.
If you think you are a good fit for this role and are looking to be a part of an energetic team, please submit your resume by email to Tara Donnelly at Tdonnelly@mpltd.ca. Although we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our company, please visit www.masterpromotions.ca