February 4, 2019
Halifax, NS – Starting this Thursday, visitors will get a glimpse of the year’s largest display of watercraft in the Maritimes at the Halifax International Boat Show. Held at the Halifax Exhibition Centre from February 7th through 10th, the show welcomes a variety of the region’s top dealers, hundreds of models and exhibitors, and features to entertain the whole family.
“We’re looking forward to opening the doors this week on a highly anticipated edition of the Halifax International Boat Show,” said Scott Sprague, Show Manager. “Whether visitors are shopping for a modest inflatable or aluminum boat, all the way up to luxury pontoons or yachts, there’s something for everyone out on the show floor. With all the additional activities, from seminars to workshops and even a touch tank for the kids, it’s an event the boating community does not want to miss this year.”
The Halifax International Boat Show has been Atlantic Canada’s premiere boating show for over 40 years. Products typically showcased include the latest in runabouts, cruisers, motor yachts, pontoon boats, bass boats, inflatables, RIBS and personal watercraft. The show also offers exhibits of marine equipment, engines, outboard and inboard, marine electronics and accessories, docks and dock builders.
Some of the special features not to miss this year:
- Guest speakers and presentations, including The Legacy of Wooden Shipbuilding in Mahone Bay; The Whales of Brier Island; Lunenburg’s Bounty; and on overview of Helly Hansen Chester Race Week and more
- Free hands-on workshops with Discover Boating (visit the show website for descriptions and the schedule).
- Back to the Sea will offer a kid-friendly learning centre with a touch tank on Saturday and Sunday from 12pm to 3pm.
- Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association will host a colouring contest on Saturday from 10am – 5pm.
- Visit the booth of Sail Able Nova Scotiafor a chance to meet Paul Tingley, an Olympic Gold and 2X Bronze medal winner
- Visit Oak Island’s booth to win a great getaway package!
- Enter at the show to win incredible prizes from White Point Beach Resort and Q104!
Members of the media are invited to attend the event free of charge. To access media passes, contact Catherine MacNutt, Marketing and Operations Manager, at email@example.com.
Visit the show’s website at www.HalifaxBoatShow.com for a full list of exhibitors, schedules, show specials, and more.
Thursday, February 7 from 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
Friday, February 8 from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday, February 9 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Sunday, February 10 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Halifax Exhibition Centre
200 Prospect Road
Adult Pass – $12
Junior Pass (10-16) – $9
Family Pass (2 Adults & 2 Juniors) – $30
(Children under 10 are free)
Full Event Pass – $25
Scott Sprague, Show Manager
Master Promotions Ltd.
Aurora Boudreau, Marketing Coordinator
Master Promotions Ltd.