February 27, 2019
Halifax, NS – Motorcycle and Powersport Atlantic, the largest event for motorsport enthusiasts in Atlantic Canada, returns for its 6th edition at the Halifax Exhibition Centre this Friday through Sunday, March 1 to 3. With newly extended hours on Saturday evening, the show has a packed schedule of events in store for visitors, including live music, a tattoo competition, youth motorcycle demos, and more. New initiatives for 2019 include a beard competition and even competitive arm wrestling.
“This is a unique event to the region, and we are excited to see everyone out for its sixth year in a row,” says Scott Sprague, Event Manager. “With action onsite all weekend, this event won’t disappoint those who love to ride. From luxury bikes to street and trails and even some off-road vehicles, it’s a busy weekend with something for everyone.”
As the only event of its kind in the Maritimes, Motorcycle and Powersport Atlantic will showcase hundreds of models filling the Halifax Exhibition Centre – including top brands of the latest in motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs and more. The region’s leading dealers will be on site with models for every type of rider. The 2018 edition was the busiest on record, with nearly 10,000 attendees over the course of three days. Brands at the show include:
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2019:
- On Friday and Saturday night from 7:00 pm until 8:00 pm, head to the stage for live music from Dan Doiron
- Ink n’ Iron Tattoo Competition Saturday starting at 5:00 pm!
- CUSTOM CORNER featuring the work of the region’s top custom shops
- Artful Dodger Beard Competition Saturday from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Awarding custom trophies to the very best in beards, moustaches, goatees and more.
- Think you’ve got what it takes to be the arm wrestling champ? Be at the show between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm on Saturday for the ultimate ARM WRESTLING showdown with the Nova Scotia Arm Wrestling Association! Weigh-in begins at 9:00 am.
- Kids learn and RIDE on the indoor track – various times, listed at bikeatlantic.ca
- Maritime Trials Riders will be riding at the show all 3 days as they demonstrate the sport of motorcycle trials by tackling a variety of obstacles and challenges.
Tickets will be available at the show and online at www.BikeAtlantic.ca. Adult Passes are $13, Junior Passes (aged 10-17) are $9 (Children under the age of 10 are free when accompanied by an adult), Full Event Passes are $25, and Family Passes are available for $30 (2 adult & 2 junior).
Members of the media can acquire free passes to the event by contacting Catherine MacNutt, Marketing & Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motorcycle and Powersport Atlantic is produced by Master Promotions Ltd. Visitors are encouraged to check www.BikeAtlantic.ca and follow the show’s pages on Facebook and Twitter for the latest information.
Friday, March 1 from 12:00 noon to 9:00 pm
Saturday, March 2 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Sunday, March 3 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Halifax Exhibition Centre
200 Prospect Road
Scott Sprague, Event Manager
Master Promotions Ltd.
Catherine MacNutt, Marketing & Operations Manager
Master Promotions Ltd.